People get the idea when they’re reading an Out of order note. But it has a negative connotation and that’s something you want to avoid. Luckily it’s relatively easy to prevent this. Curious how to make users smile when your elevator is broken? Read on!
Ready to make your own posters? With these 8 service announcement variations you can transform a negative message into something that makes people smile.
8 service announcements for your lift maintenance
1. I’m getting even better than before. Please come back on [DAY] at [TIME] and try me out!
2. I’m taking a lunchbreak. Back soon!
3. Today we put the staircase in the spotlights. Give him a try! (Tomorrow I will be available again.)
4. This lift gets a special treatment. When done it feels brand-new.
5. I’m not going anywhere right now… but tomorrow I’ll take you where you want.
6. Doesn’t work : Hi Siri / Open Sesame. Does work: Push the button tomorrow!
7. I’m wrecked. And because you have to use the stairs now, you will be too! Tee hee hee.
8. Out of office. Tomorrow I am back again!
Want to make sure you never need any of these notes? Discover how you’re always prepared with a modern lift maintenance platform and check out our ebook
How To Stay In Control Of Your Lift Maintenance In 2020.
Layout tips for an effective Out Of Order announcement.
- Use a minimum of A4 paper size.
- Who says paper needs to be white? Happy colors make happy! :)
- Create your note in landscape format.
- When you write notes by hand, use a thick pen. Don’t use a pencil, because people won’t notice it from a distance.
- Use a clear font like Arial or Helvetica to ensure the readability. It’s also important to use a size which is noticeable from a distance.
- Keep in mind that white space is your friend, between the lines as well.
- Is your printer Out of Order as well and you have the handwriting of a doctor? Try not to panic ;) Ask a colleague to write it for you. DO NOT WRITE IT YOURSELF. Because even if your text is perfect a horrible layout will nullify it.
- Are you ready to master the art of Service Announcements? Use images! A picture is worth a 1000 words.
This roadmap gives you the knowledge and power to create a perfect Out of Order poster. You now almost wish you had a lift that needs maintenance right now… ;)
Rather have a working elevator and stay in control? Discover how you’re prepared with modern lift maintenance and check out our ebook How To Stay In Control Of Your Lift Maintenance In 2020.